The Scotch Argus...

Well... eventually a plan that actually worked, I have been on so many adventures this year that come to no avail but not this one. I decided to have a day trip up Arnside in search of the elusive Scotch Argus, as I recently found out that one of the very few colonies in Britain is up there, as we set off the sun was shining and everything was coming to life, foot to the floor we bombed up the motorway for an hour before arriving to a fine drizzle but we didn't let this get us down, we soldiered on with my presumably damp quarry in mind. we eventually arrived at the spot that I had been directed to and the drizzle persisted, we sat there having a quick snack for about 20 minuets when eventually the rain stopped and it brightened up, within 20 seconds a dark butterfly flapped across the bottom of a near slope and there it was a beautiful Scotch Argus. As I watched and photographed this one I became aware or 1...2...3...4...5...6...7... loads of others hiding in the undergrowth, with one particular one catching my attention as it was stuck under a low bramble leaf once I had got it out I think it became grateful and took a shine to us both as you'll see in the pics below...
Anyway I hope that you like them:-

Last but not least, this experimental picture
from below the butterfly, a
weird shot...
Anyway I hope that you like these,
Thanks always Lee Harrison, I will leave you with 2 pics of a Spotted Redshank that I stopped off to see a Leighton Moss whilst I was in the area...
hope you visit again soon, Thanks Lee Harrison.

1 comment:

  1. Well spotted Lee. A very successful day. You did a good job of photgraphing the Scoth Argus.

    ReplyDelete