white Coppice comes to form...


I haven't had much time recently, just enough time to go down to the local patch for a few short walks... so I decided to pop down to White Coppice and see what was knocking about...


I was pleased to see that the the Cuckoo was still around although it had chosen a different home to most year and has been spending a lot of time up the Nab, the Tree Pipits have returned and I even picked up a Marsh Tit which was a nice rarity down there, a massive number of Ravens around, my Dad and Me saw 4 together at once recently and a good friend of mine saw 8 on his walk around the surrounding area, a Peregrine has been reported although I haven't any raptors apart from Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard and one unidentified raptor(that we were convinced was a Falcon(see earlier blog) myself but I do remember seen them over that area when I was very young so it would be fantastic if they had come back.


lots of different animals around as well, we have managed to get close to the local Rabbits and slightly more elusive Hares but talking to the local farmer be add that most nights whilst checking his livestock, he meets the regular Fox and Badger on him land although no sets can have been found.


Here are a few pics that I managed to get on the way around:-


House Martin


Mistle Thrush

Pied Wagtail
Willow Warbler

Male & Female Stonechat

Greater Spotted Woodpecker



Tree Pipit


And last but not least, this beautiful little Rabbit that I found feeding beside a small fence:-


Anyway thanks for viewing I hope that you will visit again,


Thanks always Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment