Mere Sands Magic...

I've spent a few hour down at Mere Sands Wood over the last few days in hope of catching up with one of 4 birds, either a blackcap which I was yet to see this year, a Reed Warbler which I have never been able to photograph, a Tawny Owl which are always lovely to see or a Kingfisher which is a rare and amazing treat if you get to photograph them... But for me I think that someone must of been looking over me as I managed get all three in two day, the Reed Warbler, Kingfisher and Tawney Owl on Saturday and the Blackcap and the Tawney owl again, here are some of the photos I managed to get on the way around:-
Blackcap

Reed Warbler
Tawney Owl

And last but defiantly not least, this beautiful kingfisher that turned up after only 10 minuets of waiting, although I did wait for another 3 hours and it never returned:-

Kingfisher
As I was just returning to the car, I came across this gorgeous baby Robin which to me was probably the highlight of the day:-

As I returned home, the Weather set in and I was treated to some very nice shots Overlooking the BEAUTIFUL town of Chorley:-


Anyway I hope that you like this blog, I'm rather happy with it, please feel free to leave any comments,

Thanks always Lee Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment