Singing In The Rain......or is that wind?


A beautiful Morning on Wednesday, sun shining, birds singing all looks good in life, I had an early start and dragged myself out from under my duvet at 6am, in hope of catching up with a Ross's Gull at Lytham that I heard about the day before, but no luck there unfortunately.


I spent a few hours just watching the waders been pushed up the beach and around Fairhaven lake, in hope that the gull might reappear on the in coming tide but NO... Plenty of waders round about, Knot, Sandling, Dunlin, Redshank, Curlew, Grey Plover, Oyster Catcher, Black Tailed Godwits and a single Bar tailed Godwit which was nice to see because is was my first in a while; plenty of Black headed and Common Gulls wandering around with the odd Greater Black Back Cruising over to see if any snacks had there backs turned.

Bar Tailed Godwit



Oyster Catcher


Curlew


Once i had finished at Lytham and finally convinced myself that the Ross's Gull wasn't going to return, I sulked off to the usual turf of Marshide, as i headed down Marine Drive, the clouds set in and the winds picked up but i continued on to see what was around; as always plenty of Avocets around, Ruff, Dunlin and all the other regulars that you would expect, Meadow Pipits struggling to stay in one place but still sing the little hearts out in the wind, I had a good scan through the Dunlin but they were a bit to far away to see if the Little Stint was still there, Even though it was quite quiet around i managed to get a few nice pics around the hides as the sun drifted in and out.




Meadow Pipit





Reed Bunting



Little Egret


Little Grebe


Shoveler Ducks


Teal



Gadwall

Anyway i'll stop chatting, I hope that you enjoyed my blog, please feel free to leave any comment by clicking the comment link below.

Thanks always Lee Harrison

1 comment: