Day Light Saving & Sunset to Die for.


On Wednesday I Spent day at Martin Mere, went to buy my Dad a new scope, once all that was over we had an hour walking around, the Marsh Harrier was showing very well and a heron fishing in a near by pool before flying off;

Heron

Plenty of other birds knocking around, Ringed Plover, Avocet, Blackwit, Oyster Catcher, Lapwing, Redshank and all the wildfoul and smaller birds that you might expect.

Oyster Catcher

Lapwing

Redshank

After Tea I decided to have a ride down to Marshide, parking up at Crossens and walking down to the sand plant, such a beautiful evening, I managed to see three Short Eared owls, Which two were relativly close and a merlin weaving around across the marsh.

The Pics arn't that great but here's one the of the Short Eared owls i picked up...

Short Eared Owl

After some fantastic views of the shorty, I was treated to a gorgeouse sunset just before i left...

Anyway I hope that you like my pics. please feel free to leave any comments.

Thanks Always Lee Harrison.

1 comment:

  1. what a great day eh mate,69 species in a day is pretty good going by anyone's standards,the site is getting better and better every up date.

    crack another one !

    ReplyDelete