A few i forgot about.

I thought that a few people might be interested in these so i decided to put them on.

Well, what will be four week today i was surfing though john Dempsey blog when i noticed a comment saying that a flock of waxwing had been seen behind the Chorley council building, so i though that I'd go down and have a look for myself, seen as though i live literally two minutes away. So i shot down and spent almost an hour checking round tops of tree and every spot in Chorley where they've been seen before but with no luck, so i was quite upset because i was busy the next day.

Next day I had to clean the car, "MUMS" nagging and nagging, so i though sod it, Ill take the day and get it done, so first thing, I shot over to the car-wash at ALDI and on the way back i thought, why not I'll have a quick look to see if they were there... and "YES" there they were. I wouldn't quite call it a flock but four bird flitting between a Rowan tree and the areal of a near by house, made my day.


Here are a few pic. that i managed to take whilst i was there: -

I no that I said the waxwings made my day but after I had finished cleaning the car i had a few hours spare so i picked up my mum and we headed over to Mere Sands Wood.


As we arrived we were informed that the cross-bills had been showing very well earlier on in the afternoon, so we headed straight for the wood as we had never seen these birds before even though i had tried twelve time before at the same location. we slowly walked through the trees hoping for a sight of what proved to be the elusive Cross-bills. When eventually "crack...crunch"...Whats That... scanning the tree tops vigorously trying to see them before they move on. "There it is".................................................................. And guess what a big fat stinking Squirrel sat in the top of a tree munching away on every pine cone within reach..." Dam"


so we just kept walking, almost at the end of the wood i took one last look into the treetops, when i noticed a movement... As i looked at the conspicuous branch, i had convinced myself it was another squirrel, when "Zoom" a small shadow shot through my viewfinder, " there definitely birds"


After 30 minutes one flew out and landed on the end of a branch, there they were the amazing cross-bills, three males and three females. We watched them for about forty five minuets and then left them there feeding in peace. What amazing view, a brand new TICK on my list and one of the best twitches I've had in a long time....


I suppose the 13th time ain't so unlucky for me.... "Woo Hoo"


they ain't amazing but i hope you like my pics.

I hope that you enjoyed my blog and that you will visit again.

Thanks again Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment