A Few Hours At The Mere...


I was meant to be doing work today but that went straight out of the window when i saw what a Glorious day it was, crystal clear skies, a nice warm breeze and birds galore, singing there little birdy hearts out, what felt to me like the first day of summer, well spring.

So i dropped my girl friend off early after noon and headed straight through to Martin Mere, a good choice in my books. Nothing out on the ordinary around really, the usually Whooper Swans, Pintail, Wigeon, Pochard, Mallard, Golden eye, Shell duck, Graylay, Teal and any of the usuals that I for got to include.

There was also plenty of waders witch included the expected Ruff wandering around, Oyster Catchers, Black Tailed Godwits, Avocets, Ringed Plover, Lapwing and Heron.

And as expected the Cormorants on the far bank at the gull roost but unfortunately there was no meratarian Gull around, oh well there's always another day...

Oh and I got a Fantastic view of the Marsh Harrier as it came low over the marsh chasing numerous waders with no success, probable a young bird getting a bit hungry.

Anyway here's a few pics i took on the day: -





Avocet


As you can tell i do love the Avocet, I think its one of the most beautiful birds we get here over summer, I could spend hours watching them.

Ringed Plover


Sorry About the distant views but here's a shot of the ringed plover

Marsh Harrier

I'm sorry about the silhouetted views but i kinda like them...

Last but definitely not least, the smaller tits and finches that were around, all the usual stuff but still i managed to get a few shots which made me happy.

Chaffinch
Blue Tit

I hope that you enjoyed my blog and that you will visit again, please comment and if you have any questions about anything, please don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

1 comment:

  1. good work mate,keep up the good work,love the pics of the Avo's,hope to get a look at them myself this weekend and a few snaps.

    Cheers m8

    Harrynmaxsdad

    ReplyDelete