Work Work Work...

Work, Work, Work, Work and ohh just a bit more more work, yeah... av spent all week doing uni. work this week, and I've only managed to get for for a couple of short walks but i still managed to pick up a few shots.

On Wednesday I had a walk down to Moss Bank Park hoping to get a few nice pics of a Peacock, I like to think that I succeeded but I'll leave it up to you to judge...

Peacock

and tonight, I had a walk around Marshide and the golf course, where I was hoping to see a few of the smaller birds and maybe a Blackcap but no, a Moorhen and Wood Pigeon and a few Swallows, that was it... luckily things started to pick up as we continued to walk around, plenty of House Martins flying very close, Wheatear, House Sparrows, Pied and White wagtails, Linnets a very large Brown Hare and many more:-

House Martin

Swallow

And the highlight of the night and a first for me, this beautiful drake Gargany which had just settled down for the evening (everyone loves a new tick) :-

Gargany

Anyway i hope that you liked my blog and that you will visit again, please feel free to leave an comment.

Thanks always Lee Harrison

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally got to see a gargany! I love the pictures of the peacock by the way, they're really good!

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee,

    Nice blog. I notice from your post on John Dempsey's blog that you saw 5 Ring Ouzels in the Dunsop Valley the other day. I'm currently working for the RSPB doing survey work in Bowland and I'll be in the Dunsop Valley next week. Can you tell me whereabouts you saw them please as they may be in one of my squares.
    Many thanks,
    Colin Bushell
    e-mail bushbird@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete