Not Quite The Easter Bunny...

I headed to Mere Sands Wood last night, trying to catch the last few hours of light in such a beautiful place, it was truly peaceful, I got there for about 6 o'clock and was the only one there, just how I like it, as I walk through the reserve it was like heaven, the sun was shining through the trees, the birds were singing, I could have been anywhere in the world,

As I came to the fields at the end of the wood, I found 3 Brown Hare chasing each other round and round but I managed to get a few decent pics as they stops for a breather:-


Brown Hare


I also caught up with this beautiful pair of Goosander a bit further on but unfortunately the light had decided to leave us for the night:-


Goosander


Anyway Easter Sunday and I decided to have a walk down Marine Drive with the family, it was a gorgeous night with evening sun and birds galore, nothing unusual around, we were treated to a beautiful sight as a Barn owl cruised up out of the grass, along side of us and across the road, I didn't managed to get any pics, as i was mesmerised by such an amazing and gracious bird, but I managed to get a few nice of the Blackwits and Avocets getting a bit "jiggy"


Black Tailed Godwit


As I was scanning through the Avocets, I spotted this one below that was sporting a gold and red ring on the left leg and a orange and red ring on the right leg, I know the shots ain't the best but I would like to know if anyone has any information on this bird please let my know either over comment or at leeharrison2@msn.com , I know that the pics ain't that good but you can defiantly make out the rings on the legs of the right hand bird as we look at it :-

Avocet


Anyway thankyou for visiting my blog and I hope that you will vistit again,


Thank always Lee Harrison

1 comment:

  1. we think they come from Germany or the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete