Feeling A Bit Ruff...

Well it was the morning after the night before and my head felt like there was still a party going on up there but I was determined to get out, so I went for the easy option and headed over to Martin Mere With a large bottle of water and a few paracetamol; on arrival things seemed quite, a few hundred shelducks skating around the frozen lakes and the usual couple thousand whoopers waddling around on the ice, there was a very nice turn out as far as the geese were concerned thousands of pinkfeet, at least half a dozen barnacle and a single Red Breasted Goose, which is a very easy tick as far as most birders are concerned but it made me happy; during the day, not many photo opportunities arose but as I was waiting for the swans to be fed, a group of three ruff decided make a good appearance but only two stayed around long enough to be photographed unfortunately the light was quite poor so I had to shoot on a higher ISO than I would of liked to but still I hope that you like them...


One of the thing that I love most about Ruff and the reason that they are one of my favourite waders is that no matter how many you see, you will never two with the same marking, this is why I separated these two out with this sentence, even though they are subtle differences they make all the difference especially when it comes to summer, they can vary from almost entirely black to pure white, a truly amazing bird...




After this very pleasant sighting, I stuck around to see the swans get fed to take a few snaps, by this time the light was awful for photographs but I hope that you like them...

Well that you for viewing my blog, please feel free to leave any comments,

thanks always Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment