Dancing On Ice 2010... HAPPY NEW YEAR...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
and all the best
for 2010...
Well the hype of Christmas had started to settle down so on boxing day we decided to have a walk around a local lodge to see what was around, when we arrived, we noticed that most of the lake was frozen over providing a some unique photo opportunities with all the water foul suppressed into a tiny area and ice skating swans, a first for me and by the looks of it a first for them... I thought that this was an amusing series of photographs, the swan... such a graceful bird when you see them soring across the open skies, coasting through choppy waters but but them up against a bit of ice and all that goes out of the window, slipping and sliding, necks and feathers everywhere a very funny sight...

With the covering of ice, it forced some of the wintering wild foul closer to the edges so I took this opportunity to take a few snaps; I hope that you like them:-

I added, these last three pictures into this blog due to the reflections and the ripple effects on the surface of the waters, it just shows what a change in height can do, these was taken as low to the water as I could get.

On occasions, this lodge can provide opportunities to photograph Kingfishers at close range if you know where to look although they seem to always choose the shaded areas, I don't know whether this is just coincidence or if it reduces visibility from below but it makes it a lot harder for a photographer, anyway I hope that you like them, along with the snow, I like to think it made quite a special picture...

Well thank you for reading this blog, I hope that enjoyed it, once again I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the reader a very happy a nature filled 2010,
Thanks always Lee Harrison...

No comments:

Post a Comment