Holiday Continued...Mammals...

So the second round of the holidays, the mammals supposedly but I'm going to through in 1 bird picture that I forgot...

Swallows

Whilst I was there I had a couple of gorgeous surprises which I will never forget...

First night that we had arrived a tenby, just settling down after a 6 and a half hour straight driving and Charlotte reluctantly dragged me out for a walk "I wasn't impressed" but I prevailed and my mood was soon changed.


We headed up to Alan's point, only a two minuet walk but an iconic landmark to our family, as we sat there over looking Alan's point, i soon noticed 2 fox's sat at the far end of the field in front of us, so I decided to sneak along the side of the field and try to get closer to them. Eventually I reached the bottom of the field, so I decided to climb up a tree to reach a small banking, once I had climbed on top I was treated to one of my most rememberable sights that I've ever seen, sitting no more that 15 metres was a beautiful Dog Fox, it just stood there watching me whilst I grabbed my camera off Charlotte and took a few shots, I looked up and just behind the nearest one were 2 more, just relaxing in the foxgloves. an amazing moment.


Red Fox
Four days later I decided to returned to the foxes and try to get some more pic as I was still amazed by the earlier night, as I approached I saw the Vixen just relaxing maybe even sleeping in front of the den (show to the right on the above Pic.) but once I had got closer she had all descended to the dark depths of the den, so I decided to stand far back to just watch and appreciate. As I Was sat there , I noticed all the rabbited started to act peculiar when all of a sudden a Badger popped out of the bushes just to the right of me, no more than 30 metres into the field (I couldn't believe my luck)

Badger

Not an amazing picture my "God" I was so happy (apologies for the blasphemy) but it was amazing.

During the holiday, we were also very luck to come into close contact with Gray Seals and Bottle Nosed Dolphins, both amazing spectacles... See what you think:-

Bottle Nosed Dolphins


Grey Seal

Anyway I hope that you enjoyed this blog and that you will tune in for the next one.

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

4 comments:

  1. amazing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seal with it's tongue sticking out! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Jeff and Harv x12 August 2009 at 07:09

    Just looking at the photos of the Badger and the Fox they are brilliant i love the one with the Seal sticking its tongue out top man enjoy your camping! x

    ReplyDelete