Common Ground...

You would think with university over and only working 2 days a week I have plenty how time to go out and do what I wish and so did I but no, for some reason I've been so busy I have been out and about for ages, so tonight as it was such a glorious evening, I decided to have a ride around a couple of my local spots around Chorley.
I started by heading to see if the Woodpecker that I had found the other day had fledged yet but for some reason they hadn't but now the chick look almost like an adult bird, calling all the time from the nest entrance...
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
As I was watching this little cracker, I managed to catch up with the local Spotted Flycatchers, unfortunately been very uncooperative...

Spotted Flycatcher

After this I decided to have a quick walk around Birkacre Lodge to see if anything was around, and there wasn't that much around really, a Pair of Mute Swans with only one chick, a pair of Grebes building a nest, plenty of Black Headed Gulls and a single Common Turn fishing around the lodge,

Here are a few pics that I managed to snap on my way around..

Great Crested Grebe

Black Headed Gull

Common Tern

Anyway I hope that you like my blog and you will visit again,

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment