Bit to cold for comfort...

Well I headed out this weekend as I had no work to do, Friday I shot over to Marshside, in hope of seeing the Bitten that has taken up residence for the last week but I lasted about 15 min. scanning over Crossens before I gave into the cold and headed inland, silly me forgot my hat and gloves, thought I was getting frost bite although this little male Stonechat did make me feel a bit warmer for about a second...

"Stonechat"

Firstly I headed over to Mere Sands Wood, where I got the opportunity photograph a few our smaller birds and winter visitors, I hope that you like them...

"Robin"

"Redwing"

"Fieldfare"

Lastly but definitely not least this little beauty brightened up the day, it so nice seeing these Mandarin Ducks turning up in unexpected places.


"Mandarin Duck"
As I got home I decided to head down to my local Common Bank lodge where I have been watching number the number of Goosander increase over the past week form a single pair to 28 birds, I found this very strange as I have never seen Goosander on this lake or any other in town lake before, many times on the larger water around Rivington but never here, a very nice surprise...


"Goosander"

Saturday Came and when, unfortunately I couldn't get out but on Sunday I headed out for a walk round another local lodge for an hour, there wasn't much around due to the re-frozen lake but it was still nice to get out, I took 4 more pics so I hope that you like them...
"Meadow Pipit"
"Shoveler"

"Canada Goose"

"Mallard"

Well I hope that you like my blog, please feel free to leave any comment,

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Those are really very beautiful photographs.That second last photograph is very close and nice.Thank you for such excellent pictures.

    nintendo ds r4 card

    ReplyDelete