I'm Never Disappointed With a Sandwich... Yum...


Well I had another day out at Heysham today in hope of getting some better shots of the Mediterranean Gull that proved tricky last time... I did manage to find the same bird but it only lasted about 2 minute before been blown away by the hurricane force winds, so I didn't get any more pictures but I wasn't to be disappointed...

Just a short walk down the front, I came across a Sandwich Tern fishing right by the walkway proving to be very photogenic, which was soon to be joined by 2 Arctic Terns including 1 juvenile that ran me round in circles as I thought it was a black tern when it first flew by but I wasn't disappointed with an Arctic because it was a new tick for me.

Arctic Tern
Sandwich Tern
Well I no some of the Arctic terns leave a lot to be Desired but I like them so I hope you do to,
Thanks always Lee Harrison.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Lee
    I've changed the links - thanks for letting me know. Will be back in touch re-using Sandwich Tern pic for annual report. Do call in office next time you are around.

    Recommend bread for the Meds and just prior to HT - 10 there this morning

    Please note dont 'do' comments on Hey Obs site but integrate any records sent via 'comments' into the postings so they can be easily searched out for e.g. bird reports.

    I obviously [i]would[/i] open for comments if it was a 'personal' blog, but the Hey site is simply an on-line observatory log with the occasional comment e.g. when the Mersey gets all the stuff in "our" wind direction!

    If we made it anything more than a basic on-line log, it probably wouldnt get updated daily, with people feeling that every day has got to be a better piece of creative writing than the previous....and just wouldnt get round to it.

    With best regards

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love these pictures

    ReplyDelete