Bempton Cliffs Part 2... Gannets...

Well here is part 2, the Gannets... These truly are one of my Favourites birds, so graceful and manoeuvrable for such large birds and there were so many of them I thought they would be easy to get photos of but because there were so many, you never new were to point your lens...

I started off around the Gannet colony with a few of the stationary birds;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After this I turned my attention to the many birds taking to the skies, this time of year there were a lot of juvenile birds around and when in flight you can really see the difference;

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I saw this bird flying up and down almost unhindered but I can't help but think this might be the end of it, when I first took this picture, I thought that it was carrying weed back to it's nest for nesting material but on a closer inspection I found that it was a fishing net wrapped around it's neck... Been a fisherman myself I find this a very upsetting image and one I wish that I didn't have the chance to take...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment