Ahhh Southport...

Well I managed to get out for a days birding over to Marshside, it was so nice to get back to the usual grounds after a break, I started off the day in Sandgrounders Were as always I started snapping away at the summering Avocets, these must be pictures 1 million and 2 and 3 in my Avocet album, such a beautiful and recognisable bird, I cant stop taking pictures of them,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once I had finished taken pictures of the Avocets I turned my attentions to the swallows shooting over the surface of the water catching flies and coming down for the occasional drink as I started to photograph them a covering of cloud started to encroach over the marsh, so this proved rather tricky;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After this I headed down to Nels hide which was quite quiet, a photogenic Godwit and a flying Shelduck were the only things to attract the attentions of my camera;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After a short stay in Nels, I headed around the sand plant to see what I could find, lot of little birds knocking around but the skylarks and Meadow Pipits were the stars of the show;

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well thank you for looking at my blog, please feel free to leave any comments that you like,

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment