A Shore Thing.... or Not....

Well I had a day out last Friday, in hope of seeing the Shore lark that had been reported the day before, this was the fourth time that I had been out to try and see this bird, "I must see it this time, I can't be that unlucky" I thought but no, I set the alarm for some ungodly winter hour called 6 o'clock, it was pitch black but this meant that I was treated to a very special sunrise, which I took the opportunity to photograph;



On arrival, there was one other birder there looking for the Shorelark but he'd had no luck. Within 10 minuets of I came across a flock of 30+ Twite feeding between the pools on the car park, it didn't quite make up for no shore lark but it was a nice treat,




a little further along the path, I came across the same flock of Twite but this time having a bath, so I thought I'd do a bit of an experimental piece, hope you like it...


appart from these there was very little about, no sign or reports of the Lapland bunting that had apparently been seen the day before and know one had seen the Snow Buntings that were in the area but not to be put off I tried to photograph some of the easier species around the sand lakes,


Well I hope that you like the blog, something a little different,

Thanks always lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment