A Ruff Bit Of Weather...

Well I woke up this morning a 9:45 so I decided to get up and head out to see what I could see out and about; sat down stairs eating my toast, I glanced up at the clock 8:45.....? "confused" before my mum shouted from the other room, "so did you remember to turn your clocks back last night".....DAMN... an extra hour in bed and I forgot... But still I headed out in hope of photographing a few geese over at Martin Mere WWT. On arrival, there were lots of geese present but all very distant causing problems for a photographer like me that only uses a 300mm lens; not to be disappointed I carried on walking round soon to be rewarded with the opportunity to photograph 2 of my favourite winter birds, the first of these was a fine male Pintail that came cruising by very close to the hide; I really do think that these or one of the most beautiful birds that you will see over this season; I hope that you like the pics...




















whilst I was there I also snapped up this very sorry looking female, obviously had a hard breeding season...

the second little critters that I got to photograph were a couple of Ruff my favourite winter wader, they come in so many different colours from all white to almost black a superb little bird; I hope that you like the pics, this is the first time I've been able to see these birds up close:-



Well I hope that you like the blog, feel free to leave any comments,

thanks always Lee Harrison.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos - the 2nd pintail is especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photographs: I love the Pintail. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete