A Golden Opportunity...

well this is virtually nose bleed territory, 2 blogs in 2 weeks, this week I didn't have much time to spare, so I just went for a walk around a local reservoir, not really expecting to much I just pottered round without a care in the world, after walking for about 10min. I noticed a small group of 3 Goldeneye (1 male, 2 females) milling around very close to the edge, sensing a possible photo opportunity, I sat back and watched the way the moved for a short while, slowly edging towards them, eventually I got my self in a good position, quite well hidden and low to the water and waited, within seconds they were there, no more that 5 - 10 metres away, diving, feeding generally just ducking around, at one point the male started to call in a very strange way, which I think is a Territorial or courtship act, I have never seen this behavior in the wild, only in wildfowl collection such as Martin Mere, the male bird would arc its head and neck back onto its back and then release it forward whilst letting out a strange grunting/quacking call, this behaviour was captured in the first picture below if anyone knows why they do this please let me know. After watching these beautiful duck and taking way to many pictures, I came away to leave them in peace, these really are one of my favourite duck and I'm very happy I had this opportunity to photograph them,
I hope you like them...


"Calling???"

Well I no that there's a few pics, but I didn't Like to pick between them, I hope that you like them,

Thanks always Lee Harrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment